Case Study 10
David Beattie was asked by the Directors of a Complex Domiciliary Care business to assist and support them with the management of the business, and to help move it forward.
One of the Directors stated: “It soon became apparent that David had a vast amount of knowledge and experience within the sector and was able to discuss some of his achievements without coming across as arrogant. Our conversations inevitably led to some of the issues I was experiencing in my company and David was able to offer some suggestions on how these might be resolved”.
Over the course of a few months, David supported the business in many different areas, including:
- interviewing all of the office staff on a confidential basis to help him establish what the underlying issues were within the business
- collating the information from David’s individual meetings with the staff and the Directors, and providing the Directors with objective feedback
- drawing up a Strategic Action Plan
- the Strategic Action Plan included a complete review of the organisational structure; this was adopted almost immediately as it gave much more clarity to individual roles and responsibilities
- leading on the investigation and resolution of a complex disciplinary issue involving the company’s Finance Manager
- writing of a 6-page company brochure; and also writing marketing leaflets for each of the company’s individual services
- completing large sections of the Provider Information Return for the CQC
- providing the company with possible business development opportunities and ideas, in order that the company might expand
- compiling a Recruitment Strategy for the company
- implementing a Meetings Structure that ensured all day-to-day operational, clinical and financial aspects of the company were being monitored and reviewed
- compiling a plan to restructure the Case Managers roles into different levels of seniority
- reviewing and redrafting the company’s Easy Read documents that covered Safeguarding, Recruitment, Complaints and the Service User Guide
- providing guidance related to answers for a tender document that the company was completing
- leading on mediation meetings between senior members of staff.
Following the completion of David’s assignment with this company, one of the Director’s stated as follows:
“He has a structured approach that is thorough, focused and enthusiastic.
As well as the operational improvements that David has been involved in, he has helped to give the business the impetus required to move forward. David is committed to helping people achieve their full potential and his focus on quality client care is completely genuine.
It is a pleasure to work with David. He is probably one of the most hardworking people that I have met and I am confident he would be an asset to anyone who makes use of his consultancy services.
I saw engaging David as a Business Consultant as an investment which for us has been hugely rewarding.”